A common misconception when it comes to plastic surgery is that it is reserved for women. In reality, millions of patients – both male and female – undergo cosmetic procedures each year to enhance their bodies or faces. One of the most popular cosmetic surgeries among both men and women is undoubtedly liposuction.
What Is Liposuction?
The fundamental concept of liposuction is the same for both men and women. Commonly referred to as lipo, liposuction is a cosmetic fat reduction surgery that is designed to remove fat cells from the body. Liposuction is an ideal solution for patients who are in good health and are already near their goal weight but have stubborn areas of fat that don’t respond to diet and exercise in the expected way.
At Caremonde Dubai we offers minimally invasive liposuction fat removal that does not require general anesthesia, resulting in a more convenient procedure and speedier, more comfortable recovery.
Can Men Get Liposuction?
Absolutely! When most people think of liposuction, they typically picture a woman having surgery to slim her thighs or address stubborn fat after pregnancy. However, men can also achieve dramatic improvements to their appearance with liposuction, though the details of the procedure may differ somewhat compared to liposuction in women. For example, targeted liposuction areas for men are often different than the most commonly treated areas in women. Some of the basic aspects of liposuction in women and men include:
Liposuction For Women
- Typically focused on creating a slimmer and trimmer overall contour
- Reduces stubborn fat after pregnancy, aging, or weight loss
- Common treatment sites include the abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks
- Removed fat may be transferred to the buttocks, breasts, or face
- Women should be past childbearing and maintain a consistent weight after liposuction
Liposuction For Men
- Often focused more on sculpting and defining certain features
- Can be used to improve fatty gynecomastia
- Common treatment sites include chest, abs, arms, and chin/neck
- Many men choose to have the harvested fat transferred to augment another area, such as the calves